The Secret Garden
We are working on an exciting project!
We are creating a Secret Garden that all children can access and learn in every day.
There are so many possibilities for this space. Since March 2023 we've achieved so much:-
- We've cleared the site and laid woodchip.
- We've fenced the garden and the pond to make it safe.
- We've built wooden raised beds for vegetable patches.
- We have a runner bean tee pee.
- We have a sunflower house.
- We've fixed our poly tunnel and are growing vegetables.
- We've cleared the orchard and our fruit trees are blossoming.
- We've planted 80 trees from The Woodland Trust!
- We've created a strawberry planter.
- We're growing a herb garden for our school cooks.
- We've created a pollinator patch and planted wild flowers to attract bees, butterflies and insects.
- We've built the most amazing bug hotel!
- We've created a log circle.
There is still so much to do!
- We want to create a covered outdoor classroom/s suitable for year round outdoor lessons for the whole school.
- We want to build a shed to store our gardening equipment inside.
- We want to have our very own bee hives – so the children can become beekeepers and produce their own honey, beeswax soaps, candles and lip balms.
- We need gardening equipment – we need wheelbarrows, spades, trowels, rakes, watering cans, bamboo canes, pots, secateurs, gardening gloves, string, scissors, water butts and guttering for the poly tunnel.
- We want to build a jetty for the pond.
- We want to build a covered seating area for learning around our pond,
- We want to creat a hibernarium.
- We want to buy night vision cameras.
We have given ourselves a HUGE fundraising target to transform this space and our school into the wonderful outdoor learning environment the children deserve.
CAN YOU HELP?
If you have any ideas, contacts, knowledge or time you can lend us, please contact Clare or Chloe in the school office on 01425 672343 or at email@example.com or pop in and chat to us.